Max is 1! I can't believe he is already 1. Seriously, where did the last year go! He is no longer a baby, he is walking all over the place, constantly on the go, super curious and growing quite independent.
We had a fun 'Bug' themed first birthday party for Max and his 2 friends, Luke and Daphne, that were born within a week and a half of eachother. We had everyone over to our home and ate caterpillar salad, ladybug cheeses, spider fuit, ants on a long, spider and worm cup cakes, and burgers!
The kids all looked for bugs outside in our 'bug hunt' while they each wore their but antennas we made them, made bugs out of play-dough, and hit a spider pinata. Although the pinata ended up being quite tough so all the adults took a few swings and finally some candy started spilling out.
 |
| Max eating Lukes food. Then Luke just started handing Max his food so Max didn't have to reach so far. It was pretty funny! |
 |
| Cute happy birthday sign Jenalee made |
 |
| I decided to paper mache a spider pinata for the party. This is the final product! Rich covered it with the black streamers and added the eyes and mouth for me. It took several hours to make but it was a fun project. I make some spider cupcakes and Kim made the worm/caterpillar cupcakes. |
 |
| The kids all lined up wearing their antennas ready for the 'bug hunt'. (They didn't actually hunt for real bugs.. just the plastic ones we put out) |
 |
| The birthday kids checking out the pinata |
 |
| Brady taking a turn |
 |
| Finally some candy started coming out! I guess the paper mache paste I used was super strong or something b/c the pinata was more like plastic than cardboard. It turns out ALL the adults were able to take a couple swings at it before it broke open. How fun to hit a pinata as an adult! Don't even remember the last time I tried that. |
 |
| look at all that candy on the verge of spilling! |
 |
| the race to pick it all up |
 |
| Luke and Kim |
 |
| CAKE TIME! Luke and Daphne's cute bug cakes.. since I did the spider cupcakes I just did a block cake for Max. |
 |
| The cake line- up |
 |
| He didn't like to eat the cake but sure had fun throwing and flinging it everywhere |
 |
| Trying to eat some of Daphne's cake. Our boys are such moochers when it comes to food! |
 |
| Brady was SO SO happy when I finally told him yes he could go eat some of the cake |
 |
| My little boy! |
 |
| HAHA. This picture makes me smile. Brady sure has a sweet tooth! I know where he gets that from :) He LOVED having cake, candy, cupcakes, ice cream. He was in heaven and LOVES birthday parties for all the treats! |
Happy Birthday my little guy. I'll post separately about what we did on his actual birthday. Read more about the party on
Kim's blog and
Jenalee's blog.
1 comment:
Cute, cute, cute!!! I love a good theme and will put this in my file :) Henry's Birthday is actually today and I did a bug cake for him too! Great post. You look amazing FYI and your Chicago trip looked so fun! Love the Windy City!
Post a Comment