Sunday, February 13, 2011

4 Months!


Time has gone by SOO fast. It really has been a whirlwind these last 4 months. I look at Max and can't believe he is that old already and just think to myself  "where did my little baby go?!?" This is such a fun stage because he is super smiley and more interactive, but i do miss my little newborn. It has definitely gone faster the second time around.. maybe b/c I don't have as much time and attention to devote to just one child. Which makes me kinda sad but on the other hand it is SO fun to see Brady and Max love on each other.

At his 4 month appointment last week he did so great with his shots, barely crying at all. He is one BIG boy!! The nurse kept saying "you are soo big.. you are going to be really tall." here are his stats:

Height: 27 3/4 inches - 97th% This was way off the growth chart. (I'm pretty sure they tell any babies past a certain height they are in the 97th% b/c he is taller and heavier than brady was but they are both the 97th % ?)
Weight: 18 lbs - 97th%
Head: 70th %

Max is a happy baby. He smiles all the time - you just need to look at him and he'll smile right back. He fusses only when hungry or tired.. and is starting to sleep a little better. He is a thumb sucker and it is soo cute. On a normal night he still wakes up 2 times, last night it was 3 times and he still got up at 6am...ahh.  He usually takes 2 naps a day, I try to do them about the same time Brady takes his naps so I have a little down time during the day. He definately is not a great sleeper.. I am looking forward to the day he is more scheduled and lets me sleep all night!!

He is great in the jumper now - he sat in it for an hour straight yesterday just jumpping away in it. He has MONSTER thighs! Seriously 3 rolls in his thighs. Is outgrowing his 9 month size clothes and is in 1 year stuff. He does the funniest thing with his tongue, he folds it over to the side and bends it in half then chews on it like gum. haha it is really funny to watch and he is constantly doing it.

Max is such a joy to have in our family. He seems to be just a tender little guy and he sure loves his mama. I wish I could just press pause some days and not let my little boys get any bigger. I love being a mom! some days are sure frustrating and exhausting but on the good days it makes all the sleepless nights and frustrations worth everything! Max we love you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He is such a cute baby! Chunky babies are the best!