Monday, October 19, 2009

Relay Marathon

Three of my friends and I got together and ran in a relay marathon on Saturday. It was freezing cold but we had a great time! 3 out of the 4 of us ran farther than we had ever run before and we all did great!


I don't have pictures from the first 2 legs of the race but here is what I have.


Right before my leg

Kim finishing up the 3rd leg - she was sick and still did awesome
the pass off
starting my 7.2 mile leg
Rich and Brady came to cheer me on! And even made a cute little sign!
The team running towards the finish. Notice all the winter gear.. it really was SOO cold.

We did it! Kim, Melissa, Rachel, Me

We'll for sure try to do this race again! For the girls that had to drop out of the race on the other team, we missed you, and you have to do this next year!


Next up for me is the 5K, 10K, and 15K, leading up to the half marathon in May.

5 comments:

Andrea said...

You are such a stud. I can't run 400 m without hyperventilating.

Melissa said...

LOVE IT! I can't wait to start again, do you run with Brady? If so, isn't it nice to run without them for races? It makes it seem easier. You rock... and you got me all excited for running!

Anonymous said...

WAY TO GO LINZ!! I am so proud of you. I wish I liked to run.... I'd rather play tennis though. You are inspiring!

Troy, Tami, Linken and Pierson said...

Love the sign and pic of Brady and Rich! Super cute! Great job.

Ash said...

What a FREAKIN STUD I have as a sister!!!! Wayyy to go linds!! Its a lofty goal of mine that half marrathon. Who knows, some day maybe! When you move out here i think we should do a triathlon together! Cute pictures of the boys, and legit ones of you running!