Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred

Has anyone worked out with this? What do you think of it?
I've heard some good things about this program but I'm still not really sure about it. I want to know if it will work and really help people like me that are already working out, in pretty decent shape already, and don't have tons of weight to loose.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I have heard some good things about the program and actually ordered it a couple days ago. I will let you know what I think!

Emily said...

Well, i almost bought it, and then I found out we are expecting baby #2 So if you buy I it I might want to borrow it in 7 months! :)

Lindsy Hartsock said...

Take it for what it is worth, but here is my public health (major at BYU) opinion on programs like this. Any "diet" or "program" that promises weight loss like 20 pds in 30 days is a "fad diet" in my book. And the fact is that 90% of fad diets fail after 6 months and 95% after a year and those that "fail" gain all the weight back plus 10% more (or similar stats, I don't remember the exact numbers from my classes and research). So if you are doing the program to exercise and change your lifestyle then I'm all for it, but if you are doing it to lose all the weight "fast." Your probably headed down a road to being heavier in the long run. That is a really long and jumbled opinion of what I am trying to say, but hopefully you get the point that you have to change your life to lose weight and be healthier, not start or stop some magical program. :) Whatever you decide, good luck and enjoy working out and getting sweaty. I miss that and hope to do it again someday. Haha, who knew I would miss that?

Lindsey said...

thanks girls! Yeah I'm really only interested in this for the work outs. I definitely don't plan on loosing 20 pounds in 30 days. I just want something that is a good workout on the days that I don't make it into the gym.

And I need something that will help whip my mid-section back into shape!