Monday, May 04, 2009

I hate to let my baby cry and scream himself to sleep. But its like magic, at exactly 15 minutes he stops crying and is totally asleep. YAY!

7 comments:

Grace said...

I am soo with you...i truly believe in the cry it out method! beware b/c there are some haters out there regarding the issue....just do what works for you!

Sarah said...

good for you. it took me one whole baby to figure that one out. even after everyone told me to do it. i just didn't have the heart. 2nd time around? i didn't have the patience. HAD TO DO IT! and the funny thing? they (and YOU) survive.

Candace said...

One of the HARDEST things for a first time mom to come to terms with!! Your baby and you will be happy & well-rested, which makes a WORLD of difference!!

Troy, Tami, Linken and Pierson said...

I had a hard time too letting Linken CIO but it is totally worth it. I read the scriptures each time I had to let him CIO so it would help me be calm and not cry :)

Troy, Tami, Linken and Pierson said...

I know you have the book but here is a website that also helps...

http://babywisemom.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

4 weeks is WAY too young to let a a baby cry it out. they cant soothe themselves that young. even the experts on the subject (and the PRO- cry-it-outers) will tell you to start at no younger than 3 months..at the absolute youngest. ideally, the doctors say 4 months is best. please dont let your NEWBORN baby cry like that. go pick him up and soothe him!

Anonymous said...

the other annon. poster is right. at that young, you really should be soothing your baby. when a baby that young cries, its because they NEED something. they need to be fed, changed, held, made warmer, made cooler, rocked, even just cuddled and loved. they dont cry because they are throwing a fit or fighting you to sleep. they NEED you.

here are some links you should read:

http://askdrsears.com/html/10/handout2.asp

http://www.mothering.com/articles/new_baby/bonding/connection.html