Monday, December 15, 2008

Christmas Crafts!

Now that we are in a house and have more space to decorate for Christmas I realized we really don't have any Christmas decorations. So, I decided I'd make some!

I went to Michael's one night with the intention to get stuff to make a wreath for the front door. But, I came home with supplies to make a wreath for the front door, a wreath over the fireplace, and a centerpiece for our coffee table!

I came home with like 3 huge bags and Rich was like 'whoa.. looks like you had fun!' He was great about it!

Here are all my supplies (minus the big wood wreath).... I like to make wreaths with the wood base instead of the green fir ones.

After a couple hours of fun I made these 3 items:

Here is the larger wreath hanging above the fireplace The smaller wreath on the front door
The centerpiece on the coffee table in the front room
This is the backside of the centerpiece

I had so much fun making these and it is way less expensive to do it this way than to buy the pre-made wreaths.

3 comments:

Emily Carlson said...

Lindsey! You are amazing! I can totally see who you take after... your amazing mother too! This is Emily (Walunas) Carlson by the way. I wish I could pull crafts off the way you guys do. They are beautiful. You are too. You look great! Congrats. Maybe I'll see you over the Christmas break. Not sure how work will turn out w/ the weather the way it is. Merry Christmas.

Jessica said...

Wow! That is beautiful! Your house looks so great!

Kristi said...

I'm seriously impressed! Nice work! Come do my house next year. ;-)