Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving weekend

We have had a great Thanksgiving weekend. Rich got a nice break from school and we were able to see family and spend time just relaxing and finishing up a few projects around the house.

On Thanksgiving day we went down to Rich's parents house and enjoyed the afternoon and early evening with family. Then we came home and Rich had me open the birthday gifts he got me! Lots of gift cards to some of my favorite places!

We were able to accomplish lots of things that have been on our to-do lists over the holiday weekend as well. Here is what we have been up to!

Getting a mattress for the crib

Finishing re-modeling the guest bathroom!


Cleaning the garage so Rich can park his car in there
Rich finished replacing the shower in our master bathroom. He built the glass block wall, replaced some of the tile, and installed the new door.



Setting up our family room! We got all this furniture from Craigs List so it took a while to organize it.


The day after thanksgiving we got our tree out, put up our stockings and nativity set! It's so exciting to have a fireplace mantle to hang our stockings on!! I love it!




(This is the tree we've had since we got married (will be the 3rd Christmas) and in a normal house instead of our small apartments it looks so tiny! I really want a bigger tree but we decided we'll stick with this tree for another year.)

7 comments:

Brendon said...

Happy belated birthday!

All the remodeling looks really nice. I especially like the glass wall for the shower.

I caught myself wondering when I would live in a dwelling with a fireplace. That is so much fun!

Anonymous said...

your house is so beautiful! Also sorry we couldn't make it for you party. I hope you had a great Birthday. My family was in town so it took all of our time! I am so excited that you planned a fun Christmas party...you've got it so together!

sarah e. said...

I was just catching up on some of your posts. I have to say, you guys are like pros at taking your own picture.

It looks like you guys are doing great and your house is beautiful. Good job on all the projects!

I'm so excited for you guys to have your baby!!! Congratulations and all the best to you this holiday season!

Brett, Kelly, and Amber said...

Love the crib!! Where did you guys get it at? We want something like that, but in black or a really dark brown... I'm having a hard time choosing a crib! =) And Rich did a great job on the bathrooms, wow!! Love the new house! =)

Lauren said...

Yay for a mantle that you can hang your stockings on!!

Happy belated Birthday and Thanksgiving!!!

Nici said...

Hey can i get your address? email me or leave it on our blog...thanks!
sisternback@yahoo.com

amberkei said...

Hi, I hope you don't mind that I looked you up, but I just wanted to say Congratulations! We're excited for you. Thanks for being so great to my sister, too. Merry Christmas!