Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Moab

So until we find our cord to post new pictures from our trip to Indiana and trip to California for Marc's wedding (Rich's brother) I thought I'd share some pics of our trip to Moab!!

We went with our friends Andrea and Jesse who have a jeep. We had soo much fun!! We drove down on a friday night and probably drove for about an hour looking at different camp sites for ANY place to stay!

Finally we found one and set up our tents in the dark! Here it is in the morning though.



Here is Rich ready to get going in the jeep!



The jeeping trails.. It was way steeper in real life, the pictures really don't do it justice.




Rich and I in the jeep



Andrea and Jesse



Andrea and I - the weather was great but it got a little chilly every now and again.



There were 3 jeeps in our group and one of them broke an axle so we had to go back into town and buy a new one.. it took about 4 hours to drive back into town get the axle and drive back out to where it happened. But we still had a great time.

Here is Rich at one of the store where we were looking for an axle - they had buggies and 4 wheelers and motorcycles for sale out front and this one had the keys in it so he took it for a little test drive around the parking lot. He'd love to go back and get it ...


Close to the end of the day Rich drove part of one of the trails... this part of the trial made me and Andrea really nervous so we got out. Rich drove it perfectly - but I still couldn't help but be nervous when he drove. (I didn't want to crash our friends car!!)


This was the first time we had been to Moab and were so glad that we made it down there before we moved! Thanks Andrea and Jesse for letting us tag along!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

FUN! when did you do this?