Thursday, April 05, 2007

The Last Days

Well, we are down to the wire now.. only a few more weeks of school left. We only have 8 days of class left, and it is taking a lot of hard work on my part to keep the motivation high and get everything done!

I went to Idaho and Oregon this past weekend and had a lot of fun! I went with my cousin Emily and she had some work in Idaho, so I went to watch her 10 month old son, Ryan. Then on Friday, we drove the rest of the way to Portland, and hung out with my family and grandma and grandpa C. We had a really good time visiting. It was a great break from school for me!

Anyways, our waterpolo team is on fire! We have a game tonight, so we hope it goes well! We won our game on Tuesday in overtime. It was an exciting and stressful game at the end!

Today, I went with Rich to his dental application class to hear sister Samuelson speak (wife of President of BYU Cecil O. Samuelson) about dental/medical school from a wife's perspective. So it was fun to go and listen to her speak. She basically said that we have to choose to have a positive attitude and to not expect to have our husbands around. She said that if we don't expect to see our husbands very much, when they do come home at a normal hour of the day then we are pleasantly surprised and it is great, rather than being bummed that every night he gets home late.

3 comments:

Liz said...

alisa has been giving me water polo updates after every game! sounds like you guys could win another t-shirt this year eh? also, the thing that sister samuelson said is so true. that's kind of how i've done it and it really hasn't been bad.

Marc, Michelle, Jackson, and Bennett said...

Too bad we lost last night. It would've been great to have another t-shirt. shucks. Oh well. I also liked what sister samuelson said, I wish I could've been there to hear it. I'll bet we will understand how true it is as dental school starts. Sounds like Liz already gets it. :)

Anonymous said...

Sister Samuelson hit it on the head! I remember well my days of Dental school. I look back with very fond memories because its all about attitude! You make it what it is. Good Luck to all you dental students. Make it a fun and memorable time in your lives. Our dearest friends are still fellow dental classmates. Dentistry is a fabulous profession for a family life.