This is a common mistake, especially among beginners because it is very instinctive to hit the ball from high to low, like the motion of hitting a baseball.
It is natural to swing from high to low for many players, and as a result they can not apply topspin to their shots. These shots are most likely slices or flat balls that you have little control over.
So, let's fix this problem!
First, you must start low and then follow through up high near your shoulder.

You never want to break or bend your wrist. All of the motion should take place with a rotation of your shoulder.
Your grip should be firm when you strike the ball, but relaxed before and after you hit it.
Once you have the topspin motion down, you can strike the ball with more speed and this will help you hit a harder stroke.
1 comment:
I just have a hard time hitting it over the net. When I get good at that then maybe I'll try throwing some topspin in with it. Thanks for the advice though.
TRUEBLUECOUG
Post a Comment