Saturday, April 02, 2011

Brady turns 2!!

My little Brady is 2! I can't believe how fast my little boy is growing up! We threw a little family birthday party last Saturday to celebrate. Grandma & Grandpa, Aunt Amber, Uncle Roddy and cousins Adam, Mary and Nathaniel all came up for the party. We played ring-a-round the rosie (Brady's FAVORITE) he was cheering and clapping the whole time, it was so cute! We also played musical chairs, duck duck goose, and had all the kids go fishing with a real fishing pole over a sheet. And they caught all sorts of goodies.

I wanted to make a fun cake for Brady's birthday this year so I decided on a monster truck. It was fun to make and when Brady first saw it he was like 'truck, truck' with a huge smile and tried grabbing it. Luckily Rich was right there to save the cake. Rich made the little blue truck by himself and helped me put the finishing touches on the big red truck.

playing musical chairs


yum yum.. although after about 2 bites he wanted to get down and play with his new toys!

blowing out the candles


cheers after the candles are all out. he had so much fun blowing out the candles here he was saying 'again, again' so we lit them and sang happy birthday again.

cute cute Mary

Max enjoying his thumb while everyone else munches on cake
We went to McDonald's for dinner on his actual birthday. Here he is showing you all his happy meal toy, which he LOVES!! migh be his favorite toy he got for his birthday :) He calls him 'man' and will point it at me and say ' get mommy' or 'get max'. It is pretty funny.
blowing out candles on leftover b-day cake on his birthday
Cute video of brady blowing out the candles


Brady's 2 year stats:
Height: 36.5 inches (95th %)
Weight: 32 lbs 4 oz (90th%)
Head: 50th %

Some of Brady's favorite things right now:
- ring around the rosie
- duck duck goose
- pillow pet (he has to bring his pillow pet with him when he wakes up out to the family room)
- bear bed (he has been sleeping in a toddler bed for about a month now and done GREAT- he has never come out of his room! and he loves that the headboard looks like a bear, he says 'night night bear' each time he lays down)
- strawberries, muffins and pretty much any other food
- helicopter song (song was made up by rich)
- anything helicopter... seriously this is an obsession
- race track he got for his birthday
- Max - he LOVES LOVES his little brother
- LOVES when his daddy comes home at the end of the day- just jumps all around yelling 'daddy'

 Brady is such a good boy and we are so blessed to have him in our family! Brady we LOVE you!

7 comments:

Emily said...

Cute Linds! I love it!

Ashley Robinson said...

Dang I hope my kids (someday) dont think I am as talented as you are with cake decorating and expect me to make them one like that! Phew! Thats impressive linds! ...and Richie too! :)

Unknown said...

Looks like Brady had a wonderful birthday! Way to go on the cake, that is awesome!

Love to all four of you!

Liz said...

happy birthday brady! cute cake, too linds.

Nana Kari said...

Can't believe my lil' guy is TWO!
Adorable cake Linds and Rich.
Birthday hugs for all.
Much Love,
Nana

Michelle and Tyler said...

I can't believe you have a 2 year old! Ty and I loved watching this video. Hearing your voice and how cute you are with your kids makes me miss you! How crazy is it that I've never met either of your boys and we haven't talked in so long!! That's it...I'm calling you this weekend!

Mary Jolley said...

I can't believe you made that cake! I am so impressed- it is soo cute. I miss you! xoxo Merm