Sunday, May 09, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all of you out there!

A special happy mother's day to my beautiful mom for all the love, support, and things she has given me over the years and now gives to me and my little family. She is such a good nana to Brady and I'm so greatful for the close relationship that she and I have. I appreciate her so much more now that I am a mom and it is so fun to learn from her and hear her talk about when we were little kids now that I am in that stage myself. I love you mom!


This is when she came out to visit in February. Can you tell brady is a little confused and tired?!? haha.

Another special happy mother's day to my mother-in-law who is such a strong woman and raised such a wonderful son for me to marry! She is a great grandmother and we are greatful for her love and all she does for us. It is fun that we are able to live close and she and grandpa can see Brady pretty regularly.



I've had a wonderful mother's day so far. I got to sleep in!! YAY!! Brady has started waking up at 5:30... ahhhh. Rich took over morning duty and even told me to go back to bed when I came to help out after about an hour. Right now I'm sitting here on the couch while both my boys nap. For the first time in a LONG time I don't feel tired and decided not to take my usual sunday nap and just hang out. I LOVED SLEEPING IN!!


He gave me some awesome slippers (exactly what I wanted) and a beautiful potted orchid. It is one of my favorite flower gifts I have ever recieved from him. I love that it will last so much longer than a boquet and that it will grow and bloom each day.


The weather is beautiful so I think we'll go on a nice sunday stroll later. I hope all you moms out there are shown the appreciation and love your families have for you and enjoy your day. Being a mom is truly the most special and joyful job in this world.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Mother's Day Lindsey! It sounds like you have had a wonderful day and you definitely deserve it=) Thanks for coming down Friday. We had so much fun and I enjoyed so much visiting with you!

Love to all four of you!

The Robinson's said...

YAY for being a MAMA!!!

Nana Kari said...

Lindsey, You are the best! It is so much fun talking with you about the very things I loved so much(being a mom, and raising my children) Wouldn't have traded any of it for the world. You are only just beginning the most awesome journey of your life. I love you Linds. Happy Mothers Day!!!!

Mary Jolley said...

Happy mother's day Linds- you are such a cute mom. Miss you!

rick said...

hey guys, hadn't looked at your blog for awhile. garden looks great!!!! happy mothers day linds!! your blog is awesome!! how do i get my photo on our special person list... love you guys. rick and grandpa.