Brady has started rolling on his stomach while in his crib. He gets stuck there and doesn't sleep. He will cry until I come and help flip him back over. But he'll just keep going back to him tummy. This has made nap time almost disappear, as he can't get himself to fall asleep.
I don't know what to do! Any ideas about how you guys were able to help your babies with this issue?
8 comments:
you might not like it, but if you let him just cry it out, eventually he'll get used to it and he'll be fine on his tummy.
They have those little foam supports you could put one on each side so he cant turn over...
Sorry I hope he starts napping again! I cant wait to see you and Brady in December! :)
what emily said. get one of those foam wedges from babies r us that will keep him propped on his side or keep him on his back.
We had a foam wedge too. I don't know if we still have it. I will look and bring it up if we do.
Work HARD on helping him learn how to roll back over onto his back when he's AWAKE!!
I'm thinking he's probably too old for the wedge to really work to keep him in place.
Caden did the same thing and it drove me nuts! I basically just had to wait it out until he figured it out. It took a couple of weeks for him, but eventually he was able to go back and forth and slept much better!
The great news is that since he figured out how to roll one way it won't be long until he figures out how to roll the other way...I remember it feeling like every time Carter got into a good routine or nap schedule something like that would mess it up for a few days, but the phases were always short lived before things got back to normal :) Good luck!
We had the same problem with Luke. Doug would take a sheet and pin him down on his stomach by putting it over luke's legs and then tucking it in under the crib mattress so he couldn't roll over. Haha. You might not be up for doing that though. Worked, though. I want to see Brady!
Post a Comment