Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Random Happenings

Since I was able to finally upload so many pictures to the computer the other day I thought I should post about some of the fun things we've been up to in the last month or so.


Valentine's Day

Rich was in charge of our Valentine's plans this year and we decided to go out to lunch instead of dinner. But he gave me plenty of warning ahead of time that he needed to spend the first half of the day studying for school. So, he got up and left about 9am and the plan was he would come pick me up for lunch at about 2pm.

At about 2 he called and said he was running a little late and he'd be home about 2:30, and told me to be all ready to go out. So When he got home I was all ready and he blindfolded me and confessed that he wasn't actually studying at all that morning! But was working on a surprise for me. How sweet!

Us before we left for lunch


He drove us to lunch and didn't let me take the blindfold off until we were at the restaurant. We really enjoyed our late lunch/early dinner at Jonny Carinos Italian Grill. When we got home rich showed me the gift he made for me. (We don't really do gifts for v-day usually just cards and a little something) Here is what he made:

So all morning he had been working with photoshop to make this collage of picturesof us and then printed and framed it! I was so surprised cause he hasn't ever used photoshop or really done anything with pictures. I thought it was very sweet! Then he also got me these beautiful flowers!

We had a great time going out and then just hanging out and watching a movie that night.


BBQ'n

The weather was really nice a couple weekends ago so Rich got out our grill and broke it in. We had fun doing our first BBQ of the year and in this house! Here is Rich manning the burgers.

Then a couple nights later we got a little fire pit that we had been wanting for awhile. So we had a little fire on our patio and roasted marshmellows and hot dogs ! It is so fun to be outside and enjoy the nice evening weather!


Celebrating Exam's being over and the start of Spring Break!


Last Friday Rich had exams in all his classes. So during the week I didn't see him at all. So I decided that I would make a nice dinner and surprise him when he got home from school on friday. I wanted to do something kinda fun to kick of spring break and celebrate his tests being over. I made steak and veggies, a salad, potatoes, and dessert. I think he liked it cause he scarfed down the left overs the next day :) But it was fun to do something like that out of the ordinary for no reason really.

We are doing really well and just LOVE the nice weather we are having! We got a porch swing last night and put it all together and sat out there for breakfast and lunch! Since Rich doesn't have school this week we have a long list of things to do before the baby comes. So we are keeping busy this week then it will just be a waiting game!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

A few things:

I LOVE lunch dates. Best way to do it. Cute that he surprised you. :)

I want a porch swing! That's way fun. Where did you buy it? Was it hard to put together?

Kids are AMAZING but enjoy this last bit. Go for walks at night. Do things last minute. Hit up movies. Sleep in.

Clint & Julie said...

What a fun Valentine's day! That was so nice of Rich to do that for you.

That's a cool little fire pit. I love smores!

Greg and Bethanie said...

You guys are so cute! I love your BBQ and campfire. :) I hope you are still feeling fabulous!! I can't wait to hear when your little boy is born! Love ya