Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Going Solo...

So I had a FIRST tonight..

When Rich asked if he could take the car to school this morning I totally forgot that we have absolutely NO food in the house and that I was going to go grocery shopping so I'd have something to eat for dinner.

So, he took the car to school and called about 5pm to tell me me he was staying at school late.. and I was like ok well i'm going to go to the grocery store and pick up some stuff. He reminded me that I didn't have a car, but suggested I walk to Denny's or KFC and eat there. (they are only like a .3 miles away)

After only a moment of hesitation I thought it was a good idea so I walked to Denny's and had dinner all by myself! I was sitting there thinking.. I've never eaten out by myself before (besides like at the cafeteria at BYU). I've seen others do it and been like hu.. I wonder why they are eating alone and thought it was kinda weird. I'm sure the others there thought the same things about me tonight.

But, it was great. I ate a sandwich for dinner and felt totally fine eating out by myself! I know its kinda funny but thought I would share.

6 comments:

Brendon said...

The joys of grad school :)
I ate alone tonight and realized, for the first time, that solo dinners are definitely not my favorite. They're bearable, just not the best.

How's work going?

Liz said...

i hate to say it, but get used to it! although, i never had my solo dinners in public, either. that is probably a little harder! you're always welcome at our dinner table, though!!

Andrea said...

It takes true confidence to eat alone. Next thing you know, you'll be at movies alone. :) My husband isn't in dental school but works 12 hours plus a day....so I feel ya!

Terri and Jack said...

Good for you, Lindsey. I remember when I was in college and working as a waitress at Pizza Hut. Every week, this guy came in really late by himself, ordered the same thing, and would eat while reading a magazine. I would always sort of envy him.... eating and not having to converse- while relaxing with his magazine. He just looked... comfortable.
BTW- I started a blog too. You can see it at www.bartnett.blogspot.com

Nici said...

I know how you feel. I used to think that people are crazy to go places on their own but then I tried it and it isn't that bad...try a movie by yourself...I kind of like it. Although it needs to be in the middle of the day when everyone is at work. It's fuN!

Catherine Parker said...

Haha! Oh, Evans. Reading that totally made me remember how much I enjoy talking with you. I could totally hear your voice saying that story. Miss you and hope all is well with you guys!