Monday, February 12, 2007

CATS

On Saturday night we ran into a friend that went to High School with Rich, we talked for awhile and decided that later in the evening we would play games with her and her husband. We were excited because we don't really hang out with other people too often.

So she called later and we went over to their apartment. When we got there I first noticed how cute their place was, they had a whole matching living room set. Anyways, then I noticed that they had 2 cats. This was a problem! I told them that Rich was allergic to cats... they were like oh no.. well we keep them really clean and they hardly shed, we didn't think it would be any big deal.



Low and behold, 30 min later Rich left to go home really quick and get his inhaler because he was having a reaction to the cats. At the same time my nose started to get all runny and congested and I started sneezing.

I always knew that my mom and sister were allergic to cats, but I never knew that I was also. We stuck it out and had a good time, but later that night we didn't sleep very well. I think Rich got up 3 times to use his inhaler and we haven't been able to sleep with our down comforter blanket for the past 2 nights because the feathers bother us. Anyways, this was our fun/not so fun story with cats. Hopefully these allergens will leave us alone soon so we can feel like we are back to normal.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AHHHHHH I'm so so sorry! Next time we hang out it'll have to be at your place :)